internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] more Ender's Game news

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: rthigpen <rthigpen AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] more Ender's Game news
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:34:39 -0400

Michael Winslow Czeiszperger wrote:

Is there any place around here to play pinball other than Diana's house? Every location which would be good for pinball seems to have been taken over by video games, and bad ones at that.

King's has a FunHouse, though it was down for service last time I was there. I've seen a Dirty Harry and Carnival in there also. I've not been in Player's Retreat, but I thought I saw a table through the window. Adventure Landing used to have a couple of tables, but I haven't been there recently either. Vertigo used to have a couple, not sure where they went. Jackpot, maybe? Boo's Basement had a Comet out in the hall, even after they closed. Local 506 usually has one near the entrance (Terminator?).

Laundromats can be fertile ground. Bored people with quarters in their pockets. Convenience stores and old filling stations also.

Unfortunately, most vending route operators seem to prefer video games. Cheaper to buy and easier to maintain I suppose.

Anybody got any other sightings?

What this town needs is a good pinball arcade. Interested investors please step forward.

--rt