internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] really really wrong things :)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] really really wrong things :)
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:59:37 -0400

on Tue, May 27, 2003 at 03:43:52PM -0400, K. Jo Garner wrote:
> On Tue, 27 May 2003, Steven Champeon wrote:
> ->And had drive-through boudin and daquiri establishments, as well.
>
> YEAH
> Although the daquiri places are becoming fewer and fewer in Lafayette
> Parish because of some notion of "morality". I suppose it's better to walk
> into the place and get a gallon to go.

Sad.

Fun story: I was in a gas station in Breaux Bridge, where they sell
boudin and jambalaya and gumbo behind the counter, and heard the
following exchange between the two women working back there:

Woman #1: "Hey, he done forgot his boudin!"
Woman #2: "Who, dat guy dere?"
Woman #1: "Ah, oui, dat the guy."
Woman #2: (on loudspeaker, to man at pump) "Y'all forgot y'all boudin!"

I'd never heard a complete sentence with such a high ratio of "y'all"
to other words before[1].

[1] disregarding "all y'all", which though a palindrome, doesn't count[2].
[2] today seems to be the day for footnotes on Internetworkers.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier