internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] really really wrong things :)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] really really wrong things :)
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:56:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Gina Norman wrote:
->Just that if I (as the hypothetical director) were trying to help people
->"feel" like they were in Louisiana, I wouldn't play a song that would have
->them singing about Georgia in their heads.

Well, the point wasn't about Louisiana, it was about backwoods people -
and you guessed it, Devil Went Down to Georgia "evokes" that.
If they really wanted to evoke backwoods Louisiana they would have called
themselves "coonass" a lot. and ate crawfish and had high car insurance.
And gone to a Catholic church.

But since it's the Waterboy, nuf said.

Though it is a very funny movie (the image of nipple-ring clutching
towards the endis burned in my brain indelibly) for all the wrong reasons.

Cheers
KJ

Always proofread to make sure you didn't any words out.
http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly -=*= kelly <@> unc.edu