internetworkers - [internetworkers] temporary or pre-paid cell phone service

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Deborah Ellington <deborah AT invincigirl.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] temporary or pre-paid cell phone service
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:41:55 -0400

My nephew is staying with us for the next month or so, and will be hanging
out on his own during the days while we're at work. We don't have home phone
service because we have our communication needs met by roadrunner and cell
phones--and in Durham anyway, local phone service is really not a very good
value. But we're concerned about leaving the kid at home with no way to get
in touch with us if something comes up. I looked into getting home service
turned on for a month, but Verizon can't even start it until sometime next
week, and it will cost a ridiculous amount of money, so we are trying to
figure out if there are any better options. Can you rent cell phones by the
month around here? Are there any good deals available on pre-paid cell
phones? We're trying to keep this under $50 or so--appreciate any
suggestions folks have.

Deborah Ellington
Multimedia Developer