internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] if your OS was a car

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] if your OS was a car
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:50:53 -0400

I have no doubt that that car was a special VIP version for high-ranking
officials. I wouldn't be surprised if it were armored and had other
"protective" features which may have gone haywire and put the Minister in
peril, however I doubt that it would have had the Windows CE-based iDrive
system, which was designed for a different range of cars that came out after
the car in question was designed. I would find it more likely that it had a
proprietary computer designed in-house by BMW, and not necessarily based on
some Microsoft technology.