internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] outer banks

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jay Cuthrell <jcuthrell AT neonova.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] outer banks
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 17:38:34 -0400

Beckett wrote:
I understand that there is this seashore near here called the "Outer Banks". Anybody have a good experience there? If one wanted to spend a few days of quiet time there, where would the less-developed places be? Any suggestions for clean & inexpensive accomodations? Any good bars? Seafood?

I grew up in Beaufort, NC which is on the way to the outer banks.

The banks are when you get on I40E then take the exit for 70E and drive until you run out of highway. You'll take a ferry over and find yourself on the barrier islands... the outer banks. I also recommend the horses you can ride at the Ferry. There are other ways to get there that have more visual appeal... 64E isn't bad...

The less developed places are actually pretty numerous. Everything isn't Myrtle Beach just yet. Locals down there tend to avoid the touristy areas or get in their boats and go to more remote areas of the banks.

You like biting insects right? :)

-Jay

--
Jay Cuthrell, CTO