internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: To Buy an Apple or Not to Buy an Apple

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: To Buy an Apple or Not to Buy an Apple
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 14:58:06 -0400 (EDT)

The 2 biggest differences in a Powerbook vs. iBook are L3 cache(except the
12") and graphics. If you plan on doing anything grphic intensive swing
for the powerbook, I happily play UT and Ghost Recon on my TiBook w/ no
problems, where I've noticed a lag and low frame rates on the iBooks.
Also I believe the G4 chip will have a longer useable life than the G3's
in the iBook. I'm thinking the 12" Powerbook will soon be the low man on
the totem pole. $.04

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com