internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] addendum to Apple link

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] addendum to Apple link
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 13:33:05 -0400

on Thu, May 01, 2003 at 01:07:42PM -0400, Diana Duncan wrote:
> What we seem to be missing: garage, punk, teen pop (unless you want to
> count 80's teen pop, which I have well covered), rap, club dance music.
> What's interesting is that these are largely beat rather than melody
> driven, and I believe that Michael and I are both fans of many-layered
> music. Who out there can round us out with these genres?

I like punk and hardcore, and would posit that most of the great stuff
is many-layered as well: fugazi, trail of dead, godspeeds you black
emperor, drive like jehu. It's a long way from Louie Louie or God Save
the Queen. ;)

I am pretty impressed with Apple's effort, so far, though I've just
browsed a bit, haven't downloaded anything, or really poked at it hard.
But so far, it's a good sign of great things to come if they can cut
the right deals.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier