internetworkers - [internetworkers] DB Internships?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: Internetworkers AT happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu:"http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] DB Internships?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:48:35 -0500

A good friend of mine is getting her master's from the information science program at UNC, and is in search of a summer internship. If anyone knows of the type of situation she is seeking (as described below) please let me know and I'll forward the information to her.

Thanks!

Description of the program:
"The master of science in information science program is designed to
prepare students to contribute to the design, development, and
maintenance of information systems and networks; to provide leadership
in the development of new technologies and new applications relating to
the delivery of information to users; and to demonstrate a theoretical
knowledge of information science, including the theory of information
storage and retrieval, systems science, and social, political, and
ethical implications of information systems."

Description of what she's looking for:
"My focus is on databases and information retrieval systems. I'd love an
internship with a DBA getting some experience with not only
implementation but design and/or a systems analyst..."

Diana Duncan
-- This message was written on a new Mac Powerbook G4 17". Yes, 17". Cower, mortals!

  • [internetworkers] DB Internships?, Diana Duncan, 03/28/2003