internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: Problems with mail TO rr.com accounts

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Russell <scottrus AT ipass.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: Problems with mail TO rr.com accounts
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:31:24 -0500

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:14:17PM -0500, Lance A. Brown wrote:
> In my experience, this kind of performance is to be expected from
> RoadRunner's email infrastructure. I routinely saw delays of up to
> several *days* on some of my email when it was still hosted at
> nc.rr.com.

I'll echo this experience. I decided it was easier to pay $3mo to ipass.net
(now Portbidge) for handling email only accounts for me.

I can also recommend fastmail.fm. It's a web based email service that sucks
less than others. And, they allow IMAP connectivity to the free accounts.

--
Scott
Do not trifle with me, I have eaten 104 brains.