internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mechanic recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Dan Smith <anilorac AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mechanic recommendations
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:28:55 -0500

If you're having starter and other electrical problems, the only place with an auto electric specialty is Wallace's Garage on Hillsborough St in Durham.

They've been in business since something like 1926, and the local dealers often refer the thorny problems they can't solve.

Honest folks in an often dishonest business. The office manager is Liz, owner is Rick. 286-1268

Kristen James Eberlein wrote:

I'm hoping that folks can help me out with mechanic recommendations.

During the past few months, I drove my neighbors' 1991 Mitsubishi Montero
("Monty") while I was waiting for my Mini Cooper S to be built.

Monty is a strange (but charming) SUV, unfortunately prone to starter and
electrical problems. A starter seems to hold up for around three months, and
then it needs to be replaced. My suspicion is that there's a short happening
somewhere in the electrical system ...

Anyway, I'd like to take Monty to a good mechanic and see what they can
figure out. Can anyone recommend someone in either Chapel Hill or Durham? I
think my neighbors have had him to several Mitsubishi dealers to no avail

Thanks in advance,

K.

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/