internetworkers - [internetworkers] Mechanic recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Kristen James Eberlein" <kristeneberlein AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Mechanic recommendations
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:18:19 -0500

I'm hoping that folks can help me out with mechanic recommendations.

During the past few months, I drove my neighbors' 1991 Mitsubishi Montero
("Monty") while I was waiting for my Mini Cooper S to be built.

Monty is a strange (but charming) SUV, unfortunately prone to starter and
electrical problems. A starter seems to hold up for around three months, and
then it needs to be replaced. My suspicion is that there's a short happening
somewhere in the electrical system ...

Anyway, I'd like to take Monty to a good mechanic and see what they can
figure out. Can anyone recommend someone in either Chapel Hill or Durham? I
think my neighbors have had him to several Mitsubishi dealers to no avail

Thanks in advance,

K.