internetworkers - [internetworkers] Dennis Kucinich for President, 2004

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Dennis Kucinich for President, 2004
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:32:16 -0500

Linda, I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm for Howard Dean, and
frankly, if he's the one who gets the Dems nomination, I will jump on
his bandwagon as well. However, I think it should be told that he is a
sort of "unintentional liberal," as the Nation put it recently.
http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20030331&s=corn In a lot of ways,
he remains rather conservative, and regardless of his reputation for
"plain-speak," he definitely is still a politician and master of
doubletalk when cornered.

While MUCH better than Bush, and marginally better than Gore, he is
still not the sort of person who would try to really affect REAL CHANGE
in office, but would probably content himself with little nibbles off
the Right in an attempt to put us somewhere in the Center. I myself
think that the nation has swung far far far tooo far to the Right and we
need REAL CHANGE if the lives of the average working people in this
country are to get better and STAY better.

In that spirit, I urge all of you to check out Dennis Kucinich.
http://www.kucinich.net/ This guy is about as plain-spoken and blunt as
it gets, and he very definitely has principles he is NOT going to let go
of just to get ahead. He's REAL, and he LISTENS, and he FIGHTS. He's
the leader of the Progressive Caucus in Congress, which shows he does
very much know how to lead, and build bridges, with other politicians,
even "conservative" ones. He votes on the ISSUES, not on the party line
or the campaign contribution. Plus, he's demonstrated that he is willing
to grow and change his mind, NOT just waffle, on an issue if presented
with good information for an alternative viewpoint. When's the last
time a politician, ANY politician, did that openly?

He's the working man's candidate, AND the thinking man's candidate, AND
the truly spiritual person's candidate, AND the only candidate who could
actually PULL IN Reagan Dems and Green voters and radical lefties and
lots of average folks who have become completely disillusioned by the
entire voting process. This guy is ON IT.

Kucinich on being mayor of Cleveland in the 70's:
"We were outspent two and a half to one, but we created circumstances
where people came to understand that every person can make a difference.
We won both issues by about two to one. It was the first time in
Cleveland's history that we succeeded in uniting whites and blacks, poor
and middle class, on economic issues. Usually, they've been manipulated
against each other. Not this time.

My concept of the American dream? It's not the America of IBM, ITT and
Exxon. It's the America of Paine and Jefferson and Samuel Adams. There
are increasingly two Americas: the America of multinationals dictating
decisions in Washington, and the America of neighborhoods and rural
areas, who feel left out. I see, in the future, a cataclysm: popular
forces converging on an economic elite, which feels no commitments to
the needs of the people. That clash is already shaping up.

The American Revolution never really ended. It's a continuing process. I
think we're approaching the revolution of hope. We have the country that
makes it possible for people, if they've lost control of the government,
to regain it in a peaceful way. Through the ballot box. Before I got
into politics, I didn't know whether what I was doing even mattered. Now
I know. One person can make a difference. I think it's something every
person can learn. The main thing is, you can't be afraid."

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20020506&s=terkel&c=1

Linda and everyone else, check him out. Even those of you "on the right"
- read what he has to say and I think you'll be pleasantly suprised and
interested. http://www.kucinich.net/speeches.htm

OK, so enough political soapboxing. But you know, folks, it's important.

Paula

who is *sniffle* hurt than no Internetworkers ever come out to hear MY
band.... *pout*

Linda Watson

<linda AT lindawatson.com> To:
internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
Sent by: cc:

internetworkers-bounces@lists. Subject:
[internetworkers] Howard Dean for President,
ibiblio.org 2004

03/24/03 03:59 PM

Please respond to

"Internetworkers:

http://www.ibiblio.org/interne

tworkers/"

Greetings, all --

Last Monday night, after listening with horror to President Bush's
ultimatum, I knew I had to do something to change the regime in our own
country. Since I don't subscribe to the doctrine of preemptive attack,
working for an alternative presidential candidate seemed to be the
ticket.
I'd read and heard enough about Governor Howard Dean, M.D., to know that
he
might just be a candidate I could actively support.

After visiting his website:

http://www.deanforamerican.com

... and checking out several neutral and watchdog sites, I was thrilled.

Howard Dean appears to be a candidate I can actively support. He's *not*

just a lesser of two evils. I was actually able to read through his
issues
list all the way without choking.

Heck, Dean's even wired. Check out what he said in the comment board of
an
independently run Dean blog:

http://dean2004.blogspot.com/2003_03_09_dean2004_archive.html#90593750

If you are even a little bit interested in having a real choice in
November
2004 ... if you think you *might* vote for Dean ... please donate even a

small amount to his campaign this month. The Federal Election Commission

will release a quarterly report on the numbers and sizes of the
donations
to the various candidates. Donations will be matched dollar for dollar
by
the FEC, up to $250 per person.

And if you feel that urge to get active too, join me and other Dean
activists on the first Wednesday of every month. Go to Meetup.com to
vote
for a venue and stay in touch. It will be a great warm up for the
InterNetWorkers meetings on the first Thursday of every month!
http://dean2004.meetup.com/

Cheers, Linda

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
To unsubscribe visit