internetworkers - [internetworkers] Blocking unwanted calls

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Beth)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Blocking unwanted calls
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:36:18 -0500

My *outrageously clever* way of avoiding phone spam and other unwanted calls
has been killing my BellSouth service altogether and just having a cell
phone. It's a lot cheaper, it has caller-ID and voice mail, and the number
isn't in the phone book. I don't get spam phone calls anymore. And I just
look at the phone ID screen when it rings and decide whether or not I deem
the caller worthy of my precious, precious time.

I don't have a phone line for my computer at the moment, though, and that's
gotta change soon. Does BellSouth have a deal where you can get a line that
is solely for data use? I've been looking around their (useless) Web site and
can't find anything about it.

Beth