internetworkers - [internetworkers] Blocking unwanted calls

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Mark Turner)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Blocking unwanted calls
  • Date: 11 Feb 2003 12:12:00 -0500

You should take the call and politely (...or not. Heh.) tell them to
place you on their "do not call" list. Once notified of this, you may be
entitled to monetary damages should they call you again.

Once that's done, stop others from calling you:
http://www.dmaconsumers.org/offtelephonelist.html
This will eliminate 95% of all telemarketing calls. Yes, it really
works.

To take care of the rest (autodialers), try this:
http://www.telephonetribute.com/tribute/signal_and_circuit_conditions.htm

Cheers,
Mark