internetworkers - [internetworkers] Au revoir, et pour les poissons, merci

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Josef Komenda)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Au revoir, et pour les poissons, merci
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:17:29 -0500

Prolly not a good translation there, but what the hell...

I joined Internetworkers almost 4 years ago, while working at Interpath. I
got involved in the /dev/ and /plan/ side of things to help build my skills,
promote my consulting business, and get out of the house once a month.

During this time, I've read over 8,000 e-mails, attended 30+ gatherings,
written a training course, and built a big hunk of the website. I've also
moved and changed jobs twice, gotten divorced, and closed my consulting
business. I don't even have a computer at home anymore.

I stopped coming to the gatherings about a year ago, because I had been
seeing someone in the group, and after we broke up, I didn't want it to be
awkward for her. Perhaps my subsequent lack of meeting attendance has made
me somewhat isolated from the group. Perhaps I've just changed.

Over the last 4 years, I've made many great friends, learned a lot, and I
hope, gave a lot back. At any rate, the exchange this week, and the
Therefore, I think it's time for me to go.

I leave with no hard feelings. If you want to drop me a line, joe AT komejo.com
is the address. You can also keep an eye on what I'm doing at
http://komejo.com/

Take care,
Joe K