internetworkers - [internetworkers] chinese food

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Scott Russell)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] chinese food
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 18:42:00 -0500

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 03:08:47PM -0500, Shea Tisdale wrote:
> Has anyone eaten at Big Bowl Asian Cuisine at Southpoint? I'd like to hear
> what you thought.
>
> I went there last week and had a standard dish - Kung Pao Chicken. I have
> to say it was one of the worst interpretations of that entree I have had.
> On the good side, I did have some dumplings there and they were better than
> average.

My wife and I ate there last night.

Crispy Chicken Egg rolls == oily and soggy
Teryaki Chicken stir fry = okay.
"self serve" stir fry = okay.

Service - well it stunk but they tried hard to fix it. After sitting and
ordering we waited about 15min for anything to show up. The main course
arrived without the appetizers. This was quickly corrected. My wifes dish
arrived and it was the wrong dish. Mine wasn't prepared as requested.

Talked to 'David' who appeared to be the floor manager that night. He
quickly took care of everything and the food we did get the second time was
cooked right and tasted fine but still wasn't outstanding for what it was.
I'm darn glad we didn't wait more than 20min for a table. David made things
'right' by giving us the meal for free (we didn't ask) but even at that I'm
not sure I would go back because the food didn't really excite me.

On the other hand, I can recommend two great places. Orient Garden is a small
restaurant in by the Kroger at the 54/Fayetteville road intersection. The
dinner menu is quite big and the meal is always excellent.

We also ate at Susi-Thai in Cary the other night. It was our first time and
we'll be going back for more. Great decor, great food, good service.

--
Scott
Do not trifle with me, I have eaten 104 brains.