internetworkers - [internetworkers] where your job is headed ...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Bill Geschwind)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] where your job is headed ...
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:08:20 -0500

How about:

Doctors and healthcare in general: wouldn't want to fly to Hungary for a
dental cleaning or have to be airlifted to Bangalore after an automobile
accident (imagine the costs involved there!).
Law enforcement and emergency services (firefighters, etc.). By the time =
the
Manila FD arrives, there won't be much left of my house if it were to =
catch
on fire.
Education, at least primary and secondary; not that the educational =
system
here is much to brag about, but imagine sending your teenager to
Turkmenistan to learn basic skills.
Professional sports: Would anybody still follow the Boston Bruins after =
they
have become the Budapest Bruins?
Foodservice: That's Hello Deli, not Hello Delhi! (OK, so Hello Deli =
hasn't
been around in a few years, but you get the idea...)

Offensive strategy? Imagine how much money the taxpayer could save if we
could outsource 'The Army of One' to a country in the region of the
conflict. No need to deploy our local boys halfway around the globe. The
savings in transportation costs alone would be staggering!

- Bill