internetworkers - [internetworkers] tracking software ???

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] tracking software ???
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:05:34 -0500 (EST)

I'm looking for tracking software for the RTPnet machine (we run Linux,
php, MYSQL). In particular, I'm looking at zentrack. Anyone have opinions
on it -- http://sourceforge.net/projects/zentrack/
or other recommendations for tracking software?

http://phphelpdesk.sourceforge.net/
Also looks good, but doesn't look like it's an active project

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bugin/
is another possibility

Our needs are pretty basic. I'm having trouble making sure computer
donations are picked up and receipts sent. And I'm trying to keep track of
requests for help just by keeping the email and checking with the
volunteers once in a while.

We don't have funding for a real help desk, but I think we can do a lot
with volunteers. We now have a volunteer willing to be the volunteer
coordinator.

Judy