internetworkers - [internetworkers] Fwd: Websites Blocked by Chinese Government

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Diane M. Kurilecz" <d.m.kurilecz AT ieee.org>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Fwd: Websites Blocked by Chinese Government
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:28:59 -0500

Here's an interesting site...

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl R. Wurst
Subject: readercon.org website blocked by Chinese Government!

I'm teaching a course this semester called "Technology, Public Policy
and
Urban Society" and one of our discussion topics is freedom of speech and
access to the Internet. I discovered that the Berkman Center at Harvard
Law
School has done a study on blocking of Internet sites by the Chinese
government. They have a web page you can use to determine if a site is
blocked. I tested it with www.readercon.org - and we're blocked!

Here's the page:
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/filtering/china/test/

--- Karl
Karl R. Wurst Email: karl AT w-sts.com
"If you want to make robots, you have to break a few small
appliances."
- Wedgie Woman, _Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked
Wedgie Woman._

  • [internetworkers] Fwd: Websites Blocked by Chinese Government, Diane M. Kurilecz, 01/31/2003