internetworkers - [internetworkers] also from NPR

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] also from NPR
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:00:51 -0500

"I keep hearin' about this 'time' -- time?

HOW MUCH TIME DO WE NEED?!?!?! to.. (stutter) .. to see that Saddam is NOT DISARMING!!!

This just looks like a re-run of a BAD MOVIE and I'M NOT INTERESTED IN WATCHING IT."

-- those are some pretty closely para-phrased words of our Saviour
i mean, Leader.

then some caller from Redneck, NC calls up to argue with Noam Chomsky about WTF is going on; he begins

"Number 1. We need to support our leadership! I mean, the President obviously has BETTER INFORMATION than we do and he will CERTAINLY DO what is in the best interest of the country!!

Number 2. We need to support our troops!! They are over there and they need us to be supportive of them doing their job!!!"

and Number 3. We don't need another Vietnam where the country gits like all divided and stuff!! We don't need yer damn liberal thinkin' up in hya!!"

...i just *love* the level of discourse we can have in this country...
sooooooo fscking stimulating!! to think for oneself!! ASSIMILATE!!