internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] 'New' Urbanism?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] 'New' Urbanism?
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 18:40:33 -0500

I'm sure from some of my posts I would appear to be against mass transit,
but that isn't quite true. I'd like to see us develop a high-speed commuter
rail between major cities. As much trouble as the airline industry is in
and with the terrorist potential, I think high-speed rail should be pursued.
If I could take an autotrain (yes, I want my car) to DC in an hour or one to
NY in 3, I'd do that over flying easily.