internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: snowing in Chapel Hill

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Emily Stambaugh <stambae AT wfu.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: snowing in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:42:34 -0500

Hi Y'all,

Well yesterday it snowed for most of the day in Winston-Salem and rained
ice for most of the night. So much fun! The campus and town are so
beautiful, all covered in a blanket of white. We got an early white
Xmas!

Of course there was panick and mayhem - most schools and colleges are
closed today. I haven't been to the stores yet, but I imagine there was
a run on them.

Being from So-Cal, I've never lived in snow before. So, this morning I
woke up to the most amazing thing - my Jeep Grand Cherokee was one big
frozen ice cube. I unlocked it with my little remote clicker and then
pulled and pulled on the door to open it. It finally opened with a
kaboom - the ice that had frozen it shut shattered and fell to the
ground. That was exciting, so I proceded to open every door that way.
Then I got out my long handled ice scraper and proceded to chip away at
the 3 inches of ice and snow on my windows, afraid that I would shatter
them but excited to see it crack and break away.

I tell you, chipping ice and snow off the car and watching it crack and
sheer away is one of the more cathartic experiences I've had! I'll add
it to my list of things like mogul skiing, painting, breaking dishes and
dancing on them (a Greek thing), roller-coasters, etc..

Have a happy snow day.
Emily