internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] flash site o' the week

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] flash site o' the week
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 20:20:59 -0500

On Sunday 17 November 2002 05:3317pm, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> On Sunday, November 17, 2002, at 04:32 PM, Thomas Beckett wrote:
> > http://svcd.dvdrip.nu/spiderman.htm

> > Apparently all the rage in Sweden, too.

> Uhhhh that's not Swedish. Looks more like spanish or a closely
> related derivative.

Hi,

I've learnt that this weird thingy is a top-ten song in Latin America.
This is the "Asereje" song. It looks like it comes from some Caribean
coastal country. And, of course,includes a silly dance, featured by
SpiderMan on the flash site.

For what is worth, there's not a single word in Spanish in the song, nor
from any other latin language, as far as I can tell. <big guess> Maybe
it's in a native language from the Caribbean Basin </big guess>? I
don't know.

Then, .nu is from the South Pacific nation on Niue, although "Nu" means
"now" in Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Dutch. So most probably the
owner of that site is from Scandinavia.

Salut,
Josep
--