internetworkers - [internetworkers] What kind of newspaper is USA Today?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] What kind of newspaper is USA Today?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 03:28:16 -0400

Hi,

I'm a bit confused.

See, I know nothing of which US newspapers are respectable and which are
just trashy, missussed trees' subproduct. Specialy after being a Geek
*and* being European at the same time.

Why this confussion?

Today, I've come across this link
http://www.usatoday.com/usatonline/20021023/4557245s.htm

This is an article on the newspaper "USA Today". I've bought this
newspaper before: I like the full-colour display of weather maps. I'm a
little of a weather junkie (weather.com, Evolution links, the weather
channel when I have a TV around...).

But this is very different from the Finnancial Times or the Washington
Post. I know that those two are quite respected and respectable
newspapers, at least internationaly.

But, honestly, what is the chance of a perfectly respectable newspaper
publishing a story bashing the all-powerfull RIAA? Do they want to go
out of business? Are they own by Richard Stallman? Is Fidel Castro part
of the board of directors?

See? I'm puzzled.

Salut,
Josep, Puzzled