internetworkers - [internetworkers] EZ-Blogging for the Overworked?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] EZ-Blogging for the Overworked?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:05:03 -0400

OK, at the risk of having to turn in my geek credentials, I need to ask
what will probably be seen as a rather dumb question.

I want to put a blog on my personal website, but I don't want to have to
invest a lot of time & energy in setup or maintenance. I also don't want
to use a "free" journal-site to "bounce" to, as I really really don't
want to sign up for any more spam, or to have it delivered from a URL
other than my own. Last but not least, I want to be able to post to it
through some sort of standard protocol interface, so I can post from
behind my work firewall, from home, or traveling at net-cafes.
Obviously, preferably web-based, but I could cope with FTP so long as it
did not require lots of work on the initiation end to prep for posting,
or extra software.

THE QUESTION: Does such software exist, where can I get it, and is it
free, or at least cheap? ;-) If there's more than one, (i would actually
expect so!!) what would you guys recommend for someone with utterly NO
time to learn anything else beyond what I'm already coping with at the
moment?

Yeah, I know, blogs are passe now. And no I never bothered to learn
about the workings of them before. In some things each of us must shirk
the early adopter role.

paula, neo-lurking neo-luddite. ;-)