internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] shopping cart patent

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Chris Hedemark <chris AT yonderway.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] shopping cart patent
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:27:36 -0400

<disclaimer>IANAL</disclaimer>

I would probably just ignore that. If someone is serious, they send you a letter by certified mail or courier. E-mail has traditionally not been well liked for official legal letters. For example, when is the last time you heard of someone getting a foreclosure notice from their mortgage lender via email? Not only do they *not* use regular first class mail, but they usually use something that generates a return receipt with someone's signature on it.