internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] running WIN x apps on XP

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] running WIN x apps on XP
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:24:40 -0400

On Wednesday 21 August 2002 12:31, Edward Wesolowski wrote:
> Has anyone had experience running apps on XP that were written for earlier
> versions of Windows? I've got a couple of touchscreen apps that are pretty
> buggy under the current XP and would like to figure a way to run these.
> ...suggestions?
> Thanks
> Ed Wesolowski

Hi Ed,

Maybe the problem lies in the touchscreen drivers. WindowsXP drivers are very
different from previous versions of Windows products. Try to update your
drivers and see what happens.

But... do you really need to uupgrade those computers to WindowsXP? Aside
from
being costly in $$$, there's no guarantee that your older applications will
work with WinXP, due to how different WinXP is from Win95/98/Me

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve