internetworkers - Volunteer Opportunity

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Gina Norman <gina AT vnet.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Volunteer Opportunity
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:49:41 -0400 (EDT)

One of the people I work with at Nortel Networks is heavily involved with
the Wake County Boys & Girls Clubs and asked me if I knew anyone who might
be able to help them out with webstuff, so I thought this list might be a
perfect place to ask. The WCBGC currently has a website at
http://www.wakebgc.org/index.html <http://www.wakebgc.org/index.html>, but
they're looking for some help in a few key areas:

1) They want to enhance the existing site (perhaps including a slide show
similar to the one on the national website: http:// <http://f> www.bgca.org
<http://www.bgca.org> )

2) They want help learning to maintain the site. They currently use Front
Page to update the pages they have, but would like to learn more about
building websites so that they can add additional pages, etc. The site is
hosted at BTI (on an unknown platform).

If you're interested in a little volunteer time *either* helping "spiff up"
the home page _or_ helping the team at WCBGC learn more about creating web
content, please give April Anthony a call at 919/834-6282 or email her at
aanthony AT wakebcg.org <mailto:aanthony AT wakebcg.org> .

Thanks in advance!

-Gina

  • Volunteer Opportunity, Gina Norman, 07/02/2002