internetworkers - Re: another delicious topic

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Wagoner <dbwagoner AT yahoo.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: another delicious topic
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

Korean:  Korea Garden? (Cary; 6 types of kimchee served with meal but none of my Korean friends think there are any good Korean restaurants in the Triangle)

Vitenamese: Pho Cali (Raleigh; excellent!), Dalat (Raleigh)

Thai: Thai Villa (Cary, excellent!), King and I (Cary, excellent but pricey!)

All locations + reviews can be found on CitySearch.

david (southeast asian food lover)

PS:  Hot and Sour soup is easy to make at home; mine has to be very hot and very sour for my taste; You know that the sour comes from vinegar (sometimes Chinese black vinegar), but did you know that the hot comes from black pepper?  Try chili oil for an additional kick.

Bill Geschwind <geschwin AT email.unc.edu> wrote:

This does bring up something else I'm curious about: There are plenty of
Chinese restaurants in the Triangle, and more recently Japanese
restaurants have been springing up left and right. How about the rest of
Far Eastern Cuisine in the Triangle. For Thai there is Thai Palace in
Chapel Hill on 54 across the street from Glenn Lennox. For Vietnamese
there is Kim Son (?) in Durham on Guess Road near I-85. How about other
Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, Laotian, Cambodian, etc. restaurants in the
Triangle? Where are they, and are they any good? Enquiring stomachs
want to know!

- Bill

Bill Geschwind
Technical Assistance Manager
Department of Technology and Systems Support
Division of Student Affairs, University of N. Carolina at Chapel Hill
03 Teague Hall, CB# 5510 (919) 962-5629
Chapel Hill, NC 27599 geschwin AT email.unc.edu