internetworkers - Re: Help! I've been abused!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Help! I've been abused!
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 03:04:59 -0400

on Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 11:05:22PM -0400, beeline AT mindspring.com wrote:
> Suggestions?

It's called a joe job.

There's not much you can do. We got "accidentally" joed a year or so
ago, when some company in the Netherlands sent out a few thousand (or
more - these are just the ones that bounced back to me) messages from
"someone AT webdesignl.com". Their outfit (as advertised in the bugger)
is called "webdesignNL.com".

Next time I'm in the Netherlands, I'm going to throw a brick through
their window. But until then, the best I could do was procmail filter
any bounces back to the postmaster and abuse desk of their ISP.

if you can track the original sender, report them to their ISP.

http://www.claws-and-paws.com/spam-l/

If not, there's not much else you can do.

Sorry,
Steve