internetworkers - Re: CEll phone usage in public

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: CEll phone usage in public
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:07:48 -0400 (EDT)

On 12 Jun 2002, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
->they do deserve my attention. My disagreement was with the people
->that want me to pay attention to complete strangers when I
->just want to be alone. That's also why I don't read a book

Well, good to know you don't pay attention to waiters, checkout clerks,
and other complete strangers. (that's a "hee hee", folks)

->attention to my food, bear, or whatever else, well then I suggest
->you worry more about yourself than me.

Bears! where do you dine with a bear! Lyle Lovett sang a song about that
once... didn't think you could find bear companions anywhere but Texas.

I guess there are cataegories of people who need to always be connected
(or have a line in to their universe) and those who don't and those who
are inbetween.

To add to the list of abominable cell phone usages: talking on the phone
whilst at a concert.

Cheers
KJ

"This is an easy man to prosecute, because he is the human equivalent
of a cockroach." -- Mickey Johnson, defense attorney for Bobby Cherry
http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly/ -=*=- kelly \@/ unc.edu