internetworkers - Re: CEll phone usage in public

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: CEll phone usage in public
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:49:52 -0400 (EDT)

On 12 Jun 2002, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
->
->So, for those of you who think using a cell phone in public
->is rude, my advice to you is to just get a life, preferably
->your own and stop trying to run mine.

If you're not doing anything that impinges upon my safety, great. However
if you are carrying on a cell phone conversation in rushhour traffic and
going 15MPH below what everyone else is doing, or think that finding that
number on a tiny-buttoned phone whilst not paying attention in an aisle at
a store, then you deserve nothing but disdain (and a smack on the bottom!
- unless you like that sort of thing, in which case you *don't* get it).

I believe it's mostly people "getting in the way" that bother me, and not
paying attention to their surroundings. Is there not enough beauty in a
dining companion (or your food, or your beer, or whatever else) to pay
attention to it?

->Tanner Lovelace, who loves mayo on hamburgers and hotdogs.

Do the non-mayo-liking people also not like potato salad, egg salad, etc?

Cheers
KJ

"This is an easy man to prosecute, because he is the human equivalent
of a cockroach." -- Mickey Johnson, defense attorney for Bobby Cherry
http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly/ -=*=- kelly \@/ unc.edu