internetworkers - blocking Kazaa, Gator etc. installations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kate Johnson <johnk AT ils.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: blocking Kazaa, Gator etc. installations
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:53:20 -0400 (EDT)

I ran Ad Aware on some of my computer lab PCs and was startled by the
amount of crapware on them.

Is there software that blocks the initial installation of Kazaa, Gator and
other programs such as these? I could lock down the PCs or
block associated ports but do not want to do that just yet.

TIA,
Kate