internetworkers - Re: People moving out of the Triangle?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak AT speakeasy.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: People moving out of the Triangle?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:56:55 -0700 (PDT)

<unresearched opinion that must suffice as a quick response>

i don't think people are fleeing the triangle, unless they have been
forced[1]
to do so. and as far as apartment vacancies, one word: "consolidation."
almost
everyone i know is unemployed and has been for 6-24 months. i don't think
these
people with almost no income are out buying new homes, i think they are
moving
in with friends and family members.

and since the national job market isn't much more attractive than the one
around
here, i don't think lots of folks are leaving for greener pastures. traffic
only
improves when you remove yourself from the situation. f***, i cannot wait for
the tech economy to pick back up...

[1] thanks to new "terrorism crackdowns" we now have a huge population of
unemployed/unemployable immigrants in the area. this hit the hispanic
community
especially hard.
m a h t o o z e e a c k a t s p e e k e e z e e d o t n e t