internetworkers - Re: Linux installation suggestions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bob Kucera" <bobkucera AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "'InterNetWorkers'" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Linux installation suggestions
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:14:06 -0400

You all are funny! Thanks for the good advice. Just got back from
Intrex (they don't really sell software) and Best Buy (they presently
don't have Mandrake or Red Hat on their shelf) so have decided to cool
it for the weekend, plant some plants and patch my front porch brickwork
which is more in my normal line of activity.

My conclusion is to purchase (to have manuals, some corp. support, and
to ante up) first choice for desktop Mandrake8.2; and plan to install
RH7.2 later on another machine and eventually get into Debian stuff
which seems like a learning progression.

Thanks for your help - you really did donate your time and objective,
reasoned suggestions.

Bob Kucera
2337 Glendale Ave.
Durham, NC 27704