internetworkers - Re: Europe likes eVoting (link)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak AT speakeasy.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Europe likes eVoting (link)
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:44:05 -0700 (PDT)

ummmm... i think i covered this problem years ago...

<http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/column/index.php3?article_view=4>

"That solution is to simply move the voting system onto a networked
environment
that would have both touch-screen voting stations where there once were
"voting
booths," as well as technology enabling people to vote "on-line" (i.e. over
the
internet); as long as they could establish and maintain a secure connection
(which is not a lot to ask for the privilege of voting online)."

so, i don't want to hear anymore crap about how the "digital divide" will
screw
the tech-poor out of eVoting.

m a h t o o z e e a c k a t s p e e k e e z e e d o t n e t