internetworkers - Europe likes eVoting (link)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas"<mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: Europe likes eVoting (link)
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:04:31 -0400

[I heard that UNC Student Government elections
have had dramatically higher turnout since
going to online voting.]

Europeans Eye E-Vote Eventuality

"Confidence should not be sacrificed for
convenience," said Jim Adler, president and CEO
of VoteHere, a Washington-based supplier of
election software and services. "We have the
technology to deal with the worst horror
scenarios that anyone can think of in terms of
virus attacks or denial-of-service attacks, but
we have to go further in educating and reassuring
people about the integrity of e-voting."