internetworkers - Re: Spam roundtable

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Spam roundtable
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 09:06:46 -0500

on Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 03:42:04PM -0800, David R. Matusiak wrote:
> i believe this company to be one of the worst spammers i have encountered:
>
> Virginia Web Properties, LLC
> 910 Princess Anne St Suite 116
> Fredericksburg, VA 22401 US
> Phone- 540-373-3373
> Fax- 540-374-1218

<snip tale of woe>

I think the n.a.n.a.e folks would refer you to "Rule #1", "spammers lie",
at this point. Hey, why not send them a present, like say, five pounds of
raw hamburger in the general shape of a heart?

Be sure to use the slowest form of delivery; you may also want to leave the
package out on your porch for a few days first.

Of course, in this troubled time, sending unidentifiable stuff through the
mail might get you a visit from a government agent eager to discuss anything
but the Enron scandal, so use your better judgement.

In other news, I'm using Vipul's Razor and it's very nice:

http://razor.sourceforge.net/

I encourage you to check it out.

  • Re: Spam roundtable, David R. Matusiak, 01/19/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Spam roundtable, Steven Champeon, 01/20/2002