internetworkers - Re: United We Stand - Lockergnome Newsletter & Links

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rachel Cox <rachel AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: United We Stand - Lockergnome Newsletter & Links
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:30:28 -0400

At 11:15 AM 9/17/2001 -0400, Medical Illustration wrote:
>Would someone enlighten me?
>
>I have seen a lot of messages on the list condeming racism against Islamic
>peoples. I agree with all of them. We should not condemn the Islamic
>people as a whole, nor their religion. But how are you applying this to the
>current situation?

The people I've heard are applying it WRT hate crimes against
people who look like the people we think are responsible for
the attack.

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/16/gen.hate.crimes/

[snip]
>But, if someone is responsible for hundreds, and possibly thousands, of
>deaths, and has made repeated threats of doing more- I m sorry, but that s
>plenty of reason for me to say kill the bastard, and all his offspring.

I was with you up until the offspring part. If they're guilty of
the same crimes he committed, okay, but if they're not, you're
just killing more innocents.

Regards -
Rachel
Rachel Cox | Web Developer | 919.834.2552 x16 | hesketh.com/inc
Image is only the beginning. http://www.hesketh.com/
hesketh.com is hiring: http://hesketh.com/careers/

  • Re: United We Stand - Lockergnome Newsletter & Links, Rachel Cox, 09/17/2001