internetworkers - Re: United We Stand - Lockergnome Newsletter & Links

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Medical Illustration <druid AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: United We Stand - Lockergnome Newsletter & Links
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:15:10 -0400

Title: Re: [internetworkers] United We Stand - Lockergnome Newsletter & Links
Would someone enlighten me?

I have seen a lot of messages on the list condeming racism against Islamic peoples.  I agree with all of them.  We should not condemn the Islamic people as a whole, nor their religion.  But how are you applying this to the current situation?

I ask this because I seriously heard someone (not on list, but out last night) that Bin Laden is having the finger pointed at him because our administration is being racist.  I couldn’t believe my ears.  While I am not certain yet whether Bin Laden is the culpable party, he without a doubt is responsible for enough crimes to justify his being thrown into a deep dark hole and locked away forever.  Preferably with 1,000s of poisonous snakes at the bottom.

I agree that we should stop racism wherever we see it, and I will be the first to defend any Islamic or Arabic person who is being persecuted merely because of their skin color or religious background.   As Jerry Falwell demonstrated with his idiotic rantings the other day, it is not the religions that are innately bad, but the individuals who practice them.

But, if someone is responsible for hundreds, and possibly thousands, of deaths, and has made repeated threats of doing more- I’m sorry, but that’s plenty of reason for me to say kill the bastard, and all his offspring.  Regardless of whether or not Bin Laden is responsible for this crime, he’s already got plenty to answer for (as do the others like them).  There’s a rabid dog running around in our back yard, biting more and more people.  Somebody put him the fuck down.

Drew

  • Re: United We Stand - Lockergnome Newsletter & Links, Medical Illustration, 09/17/2001