internetworkers - Re: September InterNetWorkers - Flying Saucer

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Joe Komenda" <joe AT komejo.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: September InterNetWorkers - Flying Saucer
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:34:07 -0700

David Byrne was most excellent.

I was about 4-5 people away from the stage, sweatin' like crazy, and lovin'
it. He
played much Talking Heads music, and had a wonderful 6-piece string section
backing his drummer, bass and percussion setup.

He played like it was the only show he was ever going to do. Sweating like the
rest of us, laughing, and loving his music. The Cradle was a mob of bodies,
and
quite friendly ones at that.

He did a cover of Whitney Houston's 'I Wanna Dance with Somebody'.
He made it cool.

Joe K