internetworkers - Re: Fall picnic!!!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: mdthomas AT mindspring.com
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fall picnic!!!
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:18:33 -0400

>I'm OK on any of those dates. Isn't there some kind of fine
>or problem with over-poplulating the 50-person shelter? It's
>a real risk with this group.

I didn't hear anything about any problem this year. I figure if there
is any problem, everybody run!!! Seriously, I expect that
people will rotate in and out, be involved in other activities,
etc., so that our quota at any one time won't be over 50.

On the money side, here's the deal: The shelter will cost
$130, with a deposit of $50. I'm willing to go ahead put
the $50 for the deposit down, with the hope that I'll get
money back. If I can get commitments for over $130,
we can use the overage to purchase drinks and maybe some
grillables. We can also give "sponsored by" credit to
whoever commits money before the picnic. (I.e., Komejo.com
picnic-o-rama!!!)

Maria's idea of individual contributions can complement
this. Following Maria's idea, we could set a "shelter
contribution" of $5, $3 if you're bringing something. If
we get 50 people, that will be between $150 and $250 dollars. Whatever extra
money we have can go to some worthwhile
cash-accepting non-profit, and everyone can share in the tax deduction -- So,
if we get $200 from 50 people, and cover the
shelter and some basics with $50 left over, $50 goes to
non-profit-to-be-named-later, and everyone that contributed
gets a write-off of $1.

(Basically, my point here is that I won't pocket any overage.)