internetworkers - Re: red hat icon needed

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: red hat icon needed
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:28:00 -0400

Beth Ellison wrote:
> Interested in making a pretty little icon for Red Hat? Everybody who has
> said "I'm working on it" so far has bailed (it's just an icon--what the
> hell?) and now they need one by 5:00 today (I just found this out). It's an
> icon that you click on to open Nautilus, which is the nifty new file
> manager/browser/uberthing for the GNOME desktop.

Wait, is this the vaunted Nautilus uberthing developed by the vaunted
Eazel? The company with the vaunted developers and designers from the
vaunted original McIntosh team? The ones who designed the vaunted
original trash can icon?

Why didn't they design their own icon?

> It doesn't pay and we need it fast. Sound enticing?

Well, it is already after 5:00. Did you get what you need? When can
we see it?

> Write me off

Over a little icon? You've got a stellar career ahead of you, I'm
sure.

Hoping not to write Red Hat off, either, but their future is more in
doubt. I didn't expect to write Eazel off so soon, but they've gone off
to that big network in the sky.

Okay, enough for one night.

TaB

TaB