internetworkers - Re: Searching the Cache

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rachel Cox <rachel AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Searching the Cache
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:44:49 -0400

At 11:43 AM 7/23/2001 -0400, Austin, Roger wrote:
> You usually need a body before it can be called murder or do an
>autopsy. Levy has not been located, there is little to no evidence (that
>is publicly available) that any foul play exists.

*cough*

Shall we wait for a body to turn up, so we can then get a court
order to snoop through her personal things in hopes of finding
out who killed her, or shall we go ahead and snoop through her
personal things now in hopes of finding her alive? There may
be no evidence of foul play, but from what I've heard, there's
sure as hell no evidence that she *wants* to have disappeared
without a trace, which is evidence enough of foul play for me
to not get really bent out of shape that someone might look at
the web sites she viewed before disappearing. If it were me,
I'd really prefer to be found alive with a few of my lil'
secrets out than to take those secrets to an early grave.
Maybe we could make this like a living will or organ donor
card thing - we can all decide beforehand whether we prefer
our privacy if we disappear, or our lives. And no, I'm not
being a smartass - I think if there are folks who prefer
no one ever look through their stuff, even in this type of
eventuality, fine by me. But in lieu of a statement from the
victi^H^H^H^Hwoman who may simply have decided to hell with
her family and friends and run off without taking a suitcase
or leaving a note, I gotta side with the people who'd like to
find her.

Cheers!
-Rachel
Rachel Cox | Web Developer | 919.834.2552 x16 | hesketh.com/inc
Image is only the beginning. http://www.hesketh.com/
hesketh.com is hiring: http://hesketh.com/careers/