internetworkers - Re: Fwd: Triangle Sports Social Club Kickoff Party/Tournament!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Heather Hesketh <heather AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Triangle Sports Social Club Kickoff Party/Tournament!
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:54:00 -0400

At 05:41 AM 7/18/2001 -0700, David Wagoner wrote:
>Heather,
>
>I received the email at work and thought some of the
>INW folks might be interested in the sporting and
>social aspects.

David, I'm glad to know that you, as a member of the ING community, sent the message to the list because you thought others would be interested, rather than it having been sent to the list by TSSC. When I got the spam, I wondered where they got my email. When you sent the message to ING, I started wondering if the ING list had been scoured for email addresses. Thomas' note on who is behind TSSC explains why my name and my friend's name was on the list. Both of us had associations, mostly bad, with FV in the past and subsequently received unsolicited commercial email from every company even remotely associated with FV.

Thank you for sharing with us.

A general note to folks that forward things to a community list, it is very helpful to the community at large if you take a few minutes to add a small amount of context to the beginning of a forwarded email. When you forward a joke, you can add something witty in your own words at the top. When it's an announcement like TSSC, you might mention that you would be interested in similar activities and thought the some of us would like to know about the group. This fosters dialogue, rather than having the forward messages either 1) be one offs that no one responds to or 2) be misconstrued. Just a thought. YMMV.

Heather

--
Heather A. Hesketh http://www.hesketh.com
CEO vox: 919.834.2552 x12