internetworkers - Re: does Internet work enrich the rest of your life?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Cox <glcox AT pobox.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: does Internet work enrich the rest of your life?
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 15:04:08 -0400 (EDT)

> Are there other career moves that would be especially
> enriched by being before or after an Internet stint?

To be anything more than a hobbyist pilot, you're going to
spend a lot of money, the kind of disposable income that this
business can bestow on many (or, could, pre-fallout). There's
also a bit of logical thinking, math, and science in flying,
that a lot of tech-savvy people have a knack for.

I don't know that it'd be "enhanced" specifically, but
'commercial pilot' might be a career that can be adapted to
by people coming out/burning out of tech fields and trying
to make life changes.

On the other hand, between some wiring on my house and
cabling for work, I'll bet 'electrician' wouldn't be too
bad, if push comes to shove. But, that's me.