internetworkers - does Internet work enrich the rest of your life?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Linda Watson <linda.watson AT Egarden.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: does Internet work enrich the rest of your life?
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 14:39:14 -0400

Greetings, all --

Recently I was on a long car trip in which a few hundred miles were enlivened with the discussion of serial careers and which order would give the overall best life experience. For example, you might want to apprentice at the Magnolia Grill and Nana's in your 20s, so you can eat well daily the rest of your life. You might choose to leave writing novels until you are relatively old & presumably have more to say than "my parents are bad & I just invented sex."

On this note, we were wondering what enrichment Internet work brings to the rest of one's life. Are there other career moves that would be especially enriched by being before or after an Internet stint?

Linda

**** Egarden.com -- online marketplace for the lawn & garden industry

"How easy it is, we thought, to make a decision, to implement a plan, to act."
-- from "Ahab's Wife" by Sena Jeter Naslund

**** Linda Watson, now acting at www.egarden.com