internetworkers - Re: [OT]: Looking for Tai Chi class or group

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jennifer Bridgers" <jtbridgers AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "'InterNetWorkers'" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [OT]: Looking for Tai Chi class or group
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:03:05 -0400

Oh My. Thank you for sharing that! It really touched me and reminded me of
my grandfather.
I can hear his voice in the article.

I wonder what will happen to the land. In my rosy colored world, I hope Tan
can keep his garden, but it doesn't sound like it. I know the power of
developers and that the land will become commercial. I wonder if these
"guardians" who were so worried about Tan's influence ever took the time to
regularly visit Lloyd and be a friend! Seems they were more concerned with
protecting their ability to sell the land for a high price afterwards.
Sorry. That was probably unfair, but it just breaks my heart. I watched the
Charlotte airport expansion put a new runway through my grandfather's "bit
of land with a garden".

The friendship is inspirational to me and gives me a bit of hope in
humanity. It makes me want to go visit my elderly relatives soon! Or start
volunteering in a retirement home.

Thanks again for posting this. It made my day.

Jennifer

<snip>
On a somewhat unrelated note, I came across this local news
story while I
was searching for Tai Chi classes and I found it really touched me:

http://www.chapelhillnews.com/Issues/2001/04/15/news00.html

Don't know why I'm posting it to the list, but maybe some
others will get
something out of it also.

Take care,

Robert Weeks