internetworkers - RE: pine pollen

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: marcellacs AT mindspring.com
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: pine pollen
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 00:07:23 -0400

Ah yes..the hurricanes...I must have been in denial...how could I forget
them from my list! And we aren't talking about the hockey team either.

I better stock up on my "milk and bread" from now! I have been forewarned
that folks here in Chapel Hill (where I live) act with lightening speed to
entirely clear the grocery shelves of all "milk and bread" as soon as a
hurricane warning is issued. If the warning comes out on the radio at
8:45, by 9:15 the shelves are bare. Which of course begs the question, why
milk and bread? Why not stock up on non-perishables....and given the
density of techies & students in town, the first things to go should be all
caffine-laden beverages like Coke and coffee.

Ah the perks and the perils.

~m

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
>You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: marcellacs AT mindspring.com
$subst('Email.Unsub')